(Photo: blogthecoast.com)1. Always buy your running shoes from a specialty running store.
2. Always take the time to try them on and utilize the in-store treadmill for trying them before you buy them. They should be comfortable right away.
3. Remember that your feet swell with exercise. Generally you want a shoe ½ to 1 full size larger.
4. Don’t forget about a good pair of socks. If you tend to get blisters buy a double layer type sock. If you go to a running specialty shop ask and they will know what you are talking about.
5. Get the right shoes for the use. There is a difference between a trail shoe, road shoe and race shoe. Be sure and get the ones that you need.
6. Make sure you get the right shoes for your pronation type.
Lora Erickson is a competitive runner and triathlete with over 25 years of experience. As one of Colorado’s top distance runners, she was heavily recruited by various colleges throughout the US. She graduated from Utah State University where she ran on scholarship and was honored as an All-Conference Runner (top ten of all western states colleges). She is the owner of Blonde Runner Health LLC in Bountiful, Utah where she currently resides with her husband and four children and has been coaching since 1996. She has a true passion for health promotion and welcomes questions and comments. Contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.blonderunner.com for more information on services available.