Thursday

A Little Music-Haunted

As is often the case in the life of a single gal, I recently hit a romantic speedbump and said goodbye to a boy who had been taking up an inordinate amount of my time.

Whenever I get out of a relationship I usually spend the next few weeks seeking out music more furiously than normal. Partially as a distraction but primarily because I really do believe music can be so healing.

So when I ran into "Ghosts" by Laura Marling when I was catching up on blogs last week, I actually started to cry. The melody is absolutely beautiful and the lyrics, although a tad cynical, feel really comforting when you are still in the, "I'm not doing this ever again," phase of a breakup.

"Lover please, do not fall to your knees
It's not like I believe in everlasting love"

I found this live version of it that I listened to for a solid hour one recent rainy Saturday.



1 comment:

Entirely Eventful Day said...

I listened to this over and over! love! thanks Katie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails