Tuesday

A Little Darling...Rag Tie Curls

What straight-haired girl doesn't love curls? When I was little I would sleep in pink sponge rollers, remember those?  I can't say I liked the curlers, but I did love those curls. As cute as my little one looked in her sponge curlers the Saturday before Easter the year she was two, I thought there had to be a more comfortable way.  So, remembering a scene in Meet Me in St. Louis where Agnes and Tootie dance in their nightgowns with rags in their hair, I tried rag tie curls and it worked great. 

I use fabric selvedges, but any strips of cotton fabric will work. 

Section off damp hair. Lay a strip of fabric along your finger.

Wrap a section of hair around finger,

and tie fabric strip in a knot.  It may take a couple of tries to get the hang of the tying.

Wrap and tie all hair and let dry overnight.

Then in the morning remove ties, finger comb hair, and touch up any curls that may have fallen out using a curling iron. 

And that's it, lots of cute curls.      

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails