Thursday

A Little Cinema...The Golden Globes 2010

by Erin
Ladies and... Ladies!  Award season is upon us!  The Golden Globes are Sunday night, and like any self respecting media writer out there, I've got predictions!!! Well... actually... it's more like I'm giving you an overview of all the predictions I could stand to read.  Thanks to Todd Jacobs at Associated Content Dave Karger at Entertainment Weekly, and Melinda Newman at MSN Entertainment, for seeing all the movies, and thus giving us an idea of what to expect.

Best Motion Picture Drama: 
NomineesAvatar, The Hurt Locker, Inglorious Basterds, Precious, and Up in the Air.
Who will win?  Although Avatar's effects earned it billions, all the buzz is pointing towards George Clooney's "Up in the Air" to take the prize.

Best Actress in a Drama:
Nominees: Emily Blunt The Young Victoria, Sandra Bullock The Blind Side, Helen Mirren The Last Station, Carey Mulligan An EducationGabourey Sidibe Precious.
Who will win? Well... It's pretty much anyone's game!  Every critic I consulted said someone different.  But apparently the buzz is leaning towards new-comers Mulligan or Sidibe. Sandra fans don't give up hope!  Some people think she'll be recognized for a banner year (have people really forgotten about All About Steve?). If I had to pick one, I'd go with Carey Mulligan, but don't hold me to that.

Best Actor in a Drama...

Nominees: Jeff Bridges Crazy Heart, George Clooney Up in the Air, Collin Firth A Single Man, Morgan Freeman Invictus, Tobey Maquire Brothers
Who will win? The critics all wish it wasn't so, but its gonna be George Clooney, despite performances of a lifetime from both Firth and Bridges.



Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical:
Nominees: (500) Days of Summer, The Hangover, It's Complicated, Julie & Julia, Nine.
Who will win? Again, it's a mixed bag between Nine, (500), and The Hangover.  But I'm gonna agree with EW, and go with my favorite movie of the year (500) Days of Summer. (Fingers crossed!!!)



Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical:
Nominees: Sandra Bullock The Proposal, Marion Cotillard Nine, Julia Roberts Duplicity, and Meryl Streep for both It's Complicated andJulie and Julia.
Who will win? Although there is some concern that Meryl will split her votes between her two nominations, I'm not worried. Meryl Streep will win for Julie and Julia. Go ahead and hold me to that.  I'll stand by Meryl till the end.






Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical:
Nominees: Matt Damon The Informant, Daniel Day-Lewis Nine, Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (500) Days of SummerMichael Stuhlbarg  A Serious Man.
Who will win? Nobody's sure... It's between Damon, Day-Lewis, and Downey, but since this is the press voting, and he's such a press darling (he's definitely stolen my heart) I'd go with Robert Downey Jr., but if you lose money, don't blame me!


Whew!  That's the movies!  Keep your eyes open later this week for my TV predictions...  
Photo Credit: Live For Films


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails