Thursday

A Little Reading... Book List

By Erin B.

It’s the beginning of a new year, a new decade. It seems to have sparked a fire. As I’ve been roaming around the blogosphere I’ve noticed that people seem to be more intent on their New Year’s resolutions. The same standards apply, lose 20 pounds, exercise, take a class, change the world, etc., but this time they really mean it, 2010 will be the year. Included in all of these resolute resolutions are goals about wanting to read more, and not just read, but READ. So, I thought this apropos for our first great reads post, BBC’s book list. If you are looking to keep that New Year’s resolution, broaden your horizons, or just pull yourself out of the vampire rut, here is the answer ladies.

I’ll be starting with The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Where will you start?

1 Pride and Prejudice
2 The Lord of the Rings
3 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
4 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling
5 To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
6 The Bible
7 Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
8 Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell
9 His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
10 Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
The other 90...

5 comments:

C. C. Fawson said...

The Lovely Bones was chilling. I couldn't get through it on my first attempt five years ago. Admittedly I am a wuss. The writing was beautiful though... definitely worth a revisit

Entirely Eventful Day said...

I am with you! The previews for the movie freak me out!!! I could go for a little Jane Eyre though.

corinne said...

Lovely Bones started out so solidly... and then it ended so weirdly to me! I was not a huge fan, to be honest.
But 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 & 10 are all great classics! I love the Harry Potter series, and have never read "His Dark Materials..." But have had it recommended!

Jen Jensen said...

I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Its really good for a young adult book :)

Megan said...

I'm starting out with The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. It is a year for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails