Tuesday

A Little Music... Moneygrabber

I have mentioned before that the KCRW's "Today's Top Tune"podcast is one of the best ways to find great new music. Subscribe to it and then let them stack up for a week and you have a pretty nifty little mix tape of future favorites.

I was flying to New York City for work a few weeks ago and after I had my fill of "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me", I flipped over to the top tune. I had one of those moments I absolutely love where I sat up straight in my seat and had to remind myself not to freak out because no one could hear what kind of awesomeness was in my headphones. I have been on a pretty serious neo-soul kick this summer-Mayer Hawthorne, Raphael Saadiq, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings...I'm loving all these artists who are so clearly inspired by the Detroit sound of the 50's and 60's. Thanks for the podcast, Fitz and the Tantrums has jumped to the top of that list. Their new album "Pickin' up the Pieces" came out last Friday and it will get you MOVING.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails