Saturday

A Little Cuisine - homemade holiday treats for your neighbors

It's that time of year when I panic as I think "What am I going to give the neighbors?!" Since I've gone back to school, my Decembers are more about Finals Week than baking. So, for the past few years, I've hunted online every holiday for easy holiday treats. Here is what I am looking at this year:

Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies from Recipe Girl. What's not to like? Cookie layer with chocolate and peppermint has to be a winner. It looks easy enough that I am going to let my 14 year old wannabe chef loose in my kitchen. (As long as he cleans up afterwards). He'll be thrilled to have the bragging rights that he made these for our neighbors.



Christmas Crack aka Christmas Toffee Crackers from Smitten Kitchen. My neighbor used to make this every year. Every year the goodies were hidden in my room by me. Let the kids eat something else. Yes, I feel guilt every time I call it Crack, but ohmyheavens it is ADDICTING! Huge bonus: it's super easy to make.





Aren't these absolutely cute? Candy Cane Marshmallows from the Martha Stewart website. BTW, The current issue of Martha Stewart Living has the cutest salt dough ornaments with instructions to make your own. It's on my to-do list.












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails