Wednesday

A Little Cuisine ... a week worth of dinner plans

I've been really lax about meal planning lately. School has gotten to me. You think I'd learn that menu planning is what saves my sanity. Lesson learned again, I planned a week's worth of dinner menus (with enough leftovers for my lunches). Since I try to cook vegetarian every other day or so, this menu reflects that. As always, photos are from the respective websites.




First off, I've been craving Swedish comfort food. So Sunday dinner will be Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy, and pickled cukes from My Adventures In Food. She blends Alton Brown's recipe with Cook's Illustrated. It's gotta be good, right?




Monday is meatless at my house. I need a slow cooker recipe since I have school right up until dinnertime. So Monday's meal will be African Eggplant and Chickpea Stew over quinoa from Eating Well Magazine. Monday=Family Night=dessert night at our house, so as long as the kids try three bites of this, they can stuff themselves with banana splits later. Just means more leftovers for my lunches.

Tuesday night will make my carnivores happy. Philly Cheesesteaks recipe is from Eating Well Magazine, too. I'm serving this with sweet potato oven fries.




Wednesday night is always some form of spaghetti night at my house. This time it will be Martha Stewart's Tuna Spaghetti with Lemon and Breadcrumbs. All I need is a green salad and homemade focaccia and I'm good to go.





Thursday night is another night I need to put my slow cooker to work. I'm making cornbread and Smoked Turkey and Lentil Soup from MyRecipes.com



Friday night is my time to enjoy cooking in my kitchen. I love to keep miso paste on hand for Cooking Light's Miso Glazed Salmon. Smashed potatoes and greens. Date night food.



Saturday night is another night I like to eat vegetarian, but don't make my family join me. So I'm going to make Ina Garten's Herbed Baked Eggs. Unfortunately, Ina didn't have a picture of them on Foodnetwork.com, but Shutterbean's blog did. Mr. Wonderful and the boys can fry up bacon to go with it. All I need is some seeded whole wheat toast and fresh fruit.



There you go, a week worth of dinner menus. I have my shopping list ready to go and I'm feeling like I'm in control again. Don't forget to leave a comment with your dinner ideas. I'd love to try them.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails