Wednesday

A Little...Homemade Detergent Part 2

In addition to making my own homemade detergent for clothes, I though there has to be a way to make my own dish detergent. I was especially interested in finding a way to better clean my dishes. I don't know about your dishes, but since the government removed phosphate from the detergent, my dishes have just not been clean. After further googling the subject...I came up with what I think is the best recipe.

Here it is:

1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing Soda (I sometimes do 1/2 cup Washing Soda & 1/2 cup Baking soda)
2 packets Lemonade Flavored Kool-Aid aka Citric Acid (use ONLY lemonade and unflavored to prevent coloring your dishwasher)
1/4 Pickling Salt
Combine all ingredients in a container with a lid and shake until combined. Add 1 tablespoon to each cup of your detergent dispenser. Use white vinegar in your rinse cup.

After much tinkering with the recipe...this appears to be the best combination. No more cloudy dishes or icky residue. And again the best part...I am paying less than 10% than I used to when I was buying store bought detergent. Now that's a little great!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails