Friday

A Little Beauty... Great Skin Secrets

by Aly

Ok, let's talk.  No other aspect of your appearance makes more of an impact than your face.  Your skin is always out in the open for the world to see.  I have been asked many a time what I do for my skin.  So here you go,  my Top Five Great Skin Secrets...

1. Break a Sweat!  Ever notice how radiant your skin looks when your done working out?  All that blood flow creates a healthy glow.  Plus, sweating has been shown to fight off skin infections (aka, zits).

2. Limit Sun Exposure.  I admit that I love the feel of the sun on my skin.  However, I am careful to wear SPF everyday in my moisturizer or make-up.  But I must have that "Summer Glow" so I use a bronzer or a self-tanner.

3. Exfoliate.  Out with the old, in with the new.  But please,  no scrubbing!  Harsh exfoliation can increase skin infection by creating tiny abrasions.  That is why I use, and LOVE, Aveda's Liquid Exfoliant!  Just put it on a cotton ball and wipe.  It has the consistency of water.  I have been using this for years and I will never be without it.  P.S. If you have a blemish you just have to pop, pre-treat with this stuff... you can thank me later!  I also can't live without Clinique Turnaround Concentrate!  My mom put some in my Christmas stocking and now I am hooked.  I can't say enough good things about this stuff!

4. Rely on Nature.  Remember my Honey Facial Post?  I stick by that.  And I would like to add, it is important to take multivitamins and fish oil.  Omega-3 fish oil fights chronic inflammation and helps to maintain healthy, young-looking skin.  More info

5. Water and Nutrition.  Your skin is a window into what is going on inside your body.  It reflects your health.  Take care of yourself.  Drink water, never soda, and eat as many servings of fruits, vegetables, nuts, as whole grains as you possibly can!

1 comment:

C. C. Fawson said...

I see now how many things I might be doing to contribute to my skin issues. Thanks for the tips!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails