by AlyWelcome to my office. I work from home. Beyond this blog, I own an event management company, US Trisports. We produce triathlons. I love my jobs: mom and business owner. This is where the magic happens...
- Central Location: My office is in the front room, completely open to the rest of the house. My kids are always welcome to come climb on my chair with me. I also sit right in front of the window so I can see my kids walking to and from their friend's houses or playing in the yard. Beyond the banister is their basement playroom and from here I can hear every word.
- Color you LOVE: I recently re-painted these walls (all by my lonesome) because I wasn't loving spending time in the color they used to be. Now I feel so serene and beachy in my blue-gray office.
- Practical Storage Solutions: I used to have my printer out for all to see. I feel like sticking it in the cupboard makes me love this room so much more!
- Cute Storage Solutions: I can't say enough about storage. I am not nearly as organized as I look. Those big, white storage boxes (IKEA) are a life saver. I throw anything I need but don't want to be seen in there, and they look tidy and cute.
- Things that Inspire: My work requires some inspiration and motivation, as does everyone's. I fill my office with things that I love and that remind me of the people I love.
- Photos of beloved Grandparents
- Mason jars, love 'em
- A vintage photo book of Hawaii
- My all-time favorite photo of my husband and me from when we were dating
- A big piece of glass I picked up while visiting my sister in Southern Utah
- My Mac. Can't help it, I love you, Mac!
- A print of a painting by my oldest brother. Isn't he amazing?
- Milk glass glass given to me by my thrift-shopping diva Aunt Pamela
More Home Decor...