Tuesday

A Little Crafty... The Easiest Necklace You Will Ever Make!

I love (love!) making my own jewelry.  It always makes me smile when someone compliments a piece of jewelry I am wearing and I can say, "Thanks so much, I actually made it." 

Even better?  When that piece only takes about 15 minutes to make!  I've put together this little tutorial so that you can make your own!


First, gather your supplies.  You will need:
 - Two pairs of jewelry making pliers (for working with jump rings)
 - About 20 inches of beading wire
 - Jump rings
 - 2 crimp beads
 - Necklace Clasp
 - Beads (I used all the same color)

Second, string your beads onto your wire and secure with crimp beads and loops on each end.  (If you are new to beading check out this short video on how to secure crimp beads.) 


Next, use jump rings to make a chain so that your necklace is adjustable.  (You could also use a piece of chain you already have on hand as long as the clasp will fit through the holes of the chain.)  Attach the chain and the clasp to the loops you created with your crimp beads.
And you're done!  A simple necklace made in minutes!




You could easily buy beads in different colors and make one necklace for every outfit you own!  I think I may make a sky blue version next.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [28 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails