Thursday

A Little Decorating... My Baby's Nursery

I love a new baby but I hate trying to find the perfect nursery bedding.  In fact, I couldn't find what I wanted at all.  So I made it!

I had my heart set on oranges and greens.  I made the quilts and dust ruffle.  I bought the bumper (the minky fabric matches the quilts perfectly) and sheet at JC Penny. I wanted vibrant splashes of color to offset the neutral walls.

Speaking on the walls... check out the wainscoting my husband and I installed.  Do you love?  I love!  It was actually pretty easy.  The caulking was the hardest part.  The finished look was well worth the work.
The mobile is the crowning glory.  I picked it up at an adorable local boutique (Oopsie Daisy in Daybreak) 40% off.  It was still super expensive.  But I figure it's and heirloom.  It is all knitted.  Baby loves it almost as much as I do.

I wanted to spell baby's name in metal letters but I didn't want to pay for them.  So I bought inexpensive paper mache letters at the craft store and spray painted them graphite.
This rocker was given to me by some neighbors.  It had been sitting on their porch and they didn't want it anymore.  Thanks!  I spray painted it a light blue (love it with the geometric pillow $5 at Target).  I picked up the stepladder turned book shelf at a thrift store.  I was planning to paint it but then decided that I love the worn look.
The art is courtesy of my six-year-old daughter.  She is so thrilled to have contributed to her baby brother's room.  I just bought a few canvases at the craft store and some acrylic paints in the room color palette and let her go for it.
Baby's closet doesn't lend itself to doors.  That's ok, I almost like these soft IKEA curtains better.

Hope you love baby's room as much as I do!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails