Friday

A Little Makeover...A Gun Cabinet Turned Kitchen Hutch



I bought this for only $35.00 at DI awhile back. You have to love having a vision for old things!

How I Did It

First I stripped the whole piece of all the lacquer and stain it already had on it by using my Favorite stripping gel by Citristrip which you can use indoors.

Then I proceeded with my Paint Like A Pro Furniture Painting and antiquing techniques. I used the same color paint, stain, General Finishes glaze, and General Finishes Top Coat that I used for my dining room table since I wanted them to match and look somewhat like a set. Cut a couple boards to be used as shelves, slapped on some bottom trim, backed it with bead-board and it was looking pretty good.


Last but not least I found a cute little old-fashion latch at Lowe's to finish off my gun cabinet transformation. I am afraid it will always be referred to as the "gun cabinet", but that is exactly what I love about my house and the things in it.



The Bird and the Berry.com -- Jill Hutchings

1 comment:

Heriberto said...

It’s very good idea. We can take advantage of unused items into a very useful material. This will be an inspiration for many people who have a lot of junk into useful items can be used.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails