The cake from my 30th Birthday Party
My friends laughed that he was flirting with me. I find it hard to believe that any man in his right mind would flirt with an 8-month pregnant woman.
This incident did two things for me. One: it made me think that maybe the sales girl at Forever 21 was right... and I really am aging well. Two: it made me thankful that I'm not 21 or 22... and here's why...
1. I have a plan! I know who I am and I know where I'm going. When I was 21 I thought I knew... I obviously didn't.
2. I wouldn't trade my life with my husband and little ones for anything!
3. I am SO much smarter these days!
4. I figure that as long as I am fit and take care of myself... it doesn't really matter how old I get, right?
5. All those years of experience has made me the woman I am today. The great thing is that all the crap, all the disappointment, the pain, the joy, all of it makes me... well... me.
So, what about you? Why are you glad to be you?